Community

Six More Tips for Community Site Leaders

21 Apr , 2010 Community

Last week, I posted six tips for community site leaders, and the response from you guys was great. To that end, I’ve decided to try to make this a weekly feature. For the uninitiated, here’s the jist: I get asked questions from folks about what they can do to make their site better. I’ve been […]

Six Questions with Danny Pena

19 Apr , 2010 Community

I first met Danny Pena, better known in the gaming community as “Godfree”, almost four years ago. As I was working on building up my community leader rolodex, Danny was recommended to me by fellow EALA Community Manager Aaron Kaufman (@EA_APoc). Back then, Danny was really just getting started with his Hip-Hop/Gaming-fusion podcast, Gamertag Radio, […]

The CM List

18 Apr , 2010 Community,The CM List

With online communities growing in importance every year, the videogame industry has been on the forefront of hiring dedicated professionals to reach out to their fans online. Below is a living list of Community Managers in the videogame industry, and links to where you can find them online. Given the growing nature of online community management, […]

The Only Xbox Community Site You'll Ever Need?

15 Apr , 2010 Community

I remember when I started doing community management, there was a pretty small handful of sites to work with plus a few up-and-comers on their heels. Since that time, just a few years ago, the Xbox360 web community has utterly exploded with blogs, sites, podcasts and more. Many users likely just pick a community or two to be […]

The Only Xbox Community Site You’ll Ever Need?

15 Apr , 2010 Community

I remember when I started doing community management, there was a pretty small handful of sites to work with plus a few up-and-comers on their heels. Since that time, just a few years ago, the Xbox360 web community has utterly exploded with blogs, sites, podcasts and more. Many users likely just pick a community or two to be […]

Six Tips for Community Site Leaders

14 Apr , 2010 Community

I spend a lot of my time talking with gaming community site leaders outside of my work roles, and more often than not, I get asked questions from folks about what they can do to make their site better. I’ve been on both sides of the community fence, so I try to take every opportunity to […]

The History of BlueTights.net – Part 4

2 Apr , 2010 Community

With WB on the phone, and the Superman Returns film production crew wanting to talk to us about some cool fan outreach opportunities, my mind of course went to the design of the site. I wanted to redesign it to feel a bit more serious, or at least a little less amateurish. This History update […]

The History of BlueTights.net – Part 2

31 Mar , 2010 Community

BlueTights.net has an interesting history. The site actually started somewhere else, and the old-timers remember where – SuperHeroHype. That’s right, your favorite Superman community was born entirely of another community. This is how the first incarnation of the site came about.